Candy Coated Halloween Pretzel Rods

Hi – I’ve been wanting to try this treat ever sincenewly imported 966 I found these cool long cello bags and wondered what I could put in them.  Pretzel rods seemed to be a perfect fit but too plain – so why not dip them in candy coating and cover them with sprinkles?!!  Surely that would be more exciting! :0)  Then the challenge became to make the topper for each bag different.  I think the pumpkin one is my favorite!  Or maybe the mummy…  Each one is made on a Top Note folded newly imported 961in half over the top of the   cello bag.  The Top Note is cut from a Big Shot die, a must have toy!  It makes projects like this so easy when you can cut out all 5 Top Notes at once.  Hope you like them!  Holler if you want any more specific details.  Thanks for stopping by -


Frankenstein Lollipop Details

Hi – I had a few questions about dimensions for the Halloween things we made fornewly imported 957 my kids’ class – about the Frankenstein in particular so here are some of the dimensions.

For the Frankenstein lollipop cover, the green piece measures 7”x2½” and is folded in half.  I punched a small hole on the fold in the center for the lollipop stick to go through.  I punched a slot punch through the top pieces and tied a ribbon to hold it shut.  His nose is a tab punch cut in half.  His ear bolts are the other half of that tab punch cut in half again.  The eye circles are the ¾” circle punch with wiggle eyes on top. His hair is actually a grass die cut turned upside down.

For the witch’s hat, the black piece measures 4”x8”.  Score it at the halfway point (4” in the 8” side).  Mark the center of the 4” side at 2”.  Draw a score mark from the center to the outside edge of that center score line to form the triangles.  Fold them in and repeat on the opposite side.  Punch holes at the top on each side and a ribbon tied through will hold it all together.  I have a small bag of candy corn inside mine.

For the pixie stix pouches, the base is 10”x3” minus a smidge!  The belly band is 2½”x6”.  I cut the pouch just a smidge smaller than 3” wide so that the belly band would fit around and touch in the back even if the kids folded a bit wonky.  We did not glue the pouch sides but rather let the belly band hold it together since the kids glued the daylights out of it!   We used the 1¾” circle punch to punch out a ‘scoop’ on the front flap of the pouch. 

Hope that answers your questions – if not, holler and I’ll try again!  :0)

Thanks for stopping by-


Mr.. Bones in a coffin…he wants out!

Hi – Tonight’s post is a Halloween card featuring Mr. Bones from the newly imported 959 Scary Skeleton stamp set.  He is embossed in white powder on black cardstock. Then I colored in the black areas with a white gel pen to make it look more like a whole skeleton.  I made him a coffin, hingednewly imported 958 with a word window punch straps and sponged the wood slats on the front.  The rest of the card is pretty easy peasy… little bit of Cast-a-Spell DSP, little bit of purple ribbon, a button and a lovely lilac card base.  Almost forgot, the bats are stamped right on the DSP in Versamark and then embossed with black powder to give them a little shine!  Hope you like it.  Thanks for stopping by!


Halloween Goodies!

Hi – Good morning!  I don’t usually have time to newly imported 956 post in the morning but I wanted to get this photo up of the projects we did at an after school class at my son’s school yesterday.  I had 16 kids in the class from K thru 6th grade!  Big age range but everyone got all the projects done and had a great time!  The pixie stix pouch was probably the easiest and the witch’s hat was the hardest because of the folding.  I did have everything pre-scored but it can still be tricky to fold on those lines and get the sides to line up on a triangle box like that.  Holler if you have any questions or want dimensions.  Hope you like them!  Thanks for stopping by!


Goofy Little Bat!

Hi – This bat is truly a little goofy looking – BUT, he’s a practical use of scraps! newly imported 932 I made him to use at a girls stamp camp I had last Friday.  All the girls were between 7-14 years old and we had a great time making Halloween goodies.  This bat was my favorite!  His body is made from the scallop circle die for the Big Shot.  His wings are made from the piece that’s left over after the scallop circle is cut!  Pretty clever, eh?!  His head is the 1¾” circle punch, eyes are wiggle eyes, mouth and fangs are white gel pen and his ears are the 5 petal flower punch.  His legs and feet are the word window punch and a flower punch.  About 5-6 candy corn will fit in the cup that sticks onto his belly.  Since most of the pieces are just punches, he’s pretty easy for the kids to put together.  Some of them skipped the legs and put the feet right up on the body which looks cute too.  Hope he makes you laugh!  Thanks for stopping by -


Scary Skeleton Card – but he’s not very scary…

Hi – Haven’t had much time to stamp lately but I did manage to sneak down newly imported 925 last night and make this Halloween card.  It’s a 4”x4” size which is perfect to tuck in with some chocolate treats to a friend!  The skeleton is stamped in Versamark and embossed with white embossing powder and cut out.  He comes from the Scary Skeleton stamp set.  The DSP is Cast-a-Spell and cut out on the Big Shot with the Top Note die – it’s backed in black cardstock.  The Top Note die has a skinny perforated edge and I just snipped that off of the DSP piece so the black would create a border.  The circle is from the Batty for You stamp set.  I just punched out the skeleton head part of the stamped image with a ¾” circle punch and looped it over the knots in the ribbons – kind of looks like a big rivet or grommet!  The 3 buttons in the corner are just from my jar of buttons and seemed to add the little bit of balance I was looking for.  Hope you like it!  Thanks for stopping by -